October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. During this annual event, business leaders come together to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity. This year’s campaign theme is, “Do your part. #BeCyberSmart.”
It’s crucial for businesses—no matter how large or small—to stay cyber-secure in order to safeguard company data, protect customers’ personal information and ensure employee privacy. Here’s how you can do your part to foster organizational cybersecurity.
- Establish policies to promote cybersecurity.
- Educate your employees and train them to notice a cyber threat and how to avoid them.
- Implement smart software, like spam filters, firewalls, and anti-virus and malware programs.
- Enforce access controls to allow only trusted and qualified individuals access to sensitive data.
- Bolster business continuity by backing up your data frequently.
- Have a cyber incident response plan to minimize potential losses in the event of a cyber attack.
Remember, no one is immune from a cyber attack. Stay alert. Stay Aware. And #BeCyberSmart.